A BBC Good Food Recipe : )
200g softened butter
300g soft brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g self raising flour
80g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
300g choc chips
(place the chocolate chips on a plate and pop it in the fridge before you start baking)
- First, preheat your oven to 180 c / gas 4
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then, beat in vanilla extract and eggs.
- In another bowl sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the flour mix to the creamed mix in stages (around about a third of the mixture at a time) and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture on to a baking tray and repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- When you take out the cookies they will be soft. Leave it to cool on the baking tray and when completely cold you can remove it.
- Then, you can dig in : )
This is such an easy recipe and makes the most delicious chocolate chip cookies! It was a favourite from my family and they have been my taster testers for years. Hope you have fun baking!