I know I’m late on the trend but over the weekend I made a banana loaf for the first time. It was really quick and easy and (trying not to sound completely big-headed) delicious! My dad is a big lover of banana bread, so he was very happy my next baking experiment was this.
140g butter, softened, plus a little more to butter sides of the tin
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe bananas, mashed (our bananas weren’t fully ripe, so we put them in the microwave under kitchen paper and thankfully they came out very brown and mushy)
50g icing sugar
dried banana chips for decoration
optional: raisons for decoration
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment
- Cream 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy. Then, slowly add two beaten large eggs with a small amount of flour (NOT ALL FLOUR)
- Fold in the remaining flour, 1tsp baking powder and the 2 mashed bananas
- Pour it into the tin and bake for about 35 mins until the skewer (or a metal knife if you don’t have a skewer) comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- Mix 50g of icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make it runny.
- Drizzle the icing over the top of the cake and decorate with some banana chips (and raisons)
This will be a blog post I’ll keep going back to : )
Thanks for reading!
I was looking through the TV shows that I love or have watched on repeat for years! And the list kept growing and growing, it scared me to realise how many programmes I have actually watched and fell in love with! But, I chose all my favourite series, old and new, that have never gotten boring as episodes went on.
Series to Get You Through Lockdown
- Friends (of course!)
- Gilmore Girls
- Gavin & Stacey
- Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Full House
- Gossip Girl
- How I Met Your Mother
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- The Vampire Diaries
- Peaky Blinders
- The Umbrella Academy
- Stranger Things
- How To Get Away With Murder
- Never Have I Ever
- The Stranger
- Sex Education
- After Life
Hey Guys! Sorry I have been away so long. I hope you are all safe and well! It has been understandably difficult for everyone to adapt to this new lifestyle, so now is the time to finally clean out your closet, read that book you’ve always wanted to, bake endless treats, do a puzzle or do absolutely nothing! You are allowed to spend these days in quarantine however you like but I thought I’d share some of the things that have been keeping me busy and content.
Social Distancing Activities
- write down goals
- plan activities or trips (for after lockdown obviously)
- binge a Netflix show
- make a mood board on Pinterest
- have an at-home spa day (bubble bath, candles and beg for a massage from a significant other)
- make a new Spotify playlist
- FaceTime friends and family
- listen to a Podcast
- do a puzzle
- play board games (my family and I have been competitively playing Cluedo and Dobble most nights)
- Learn a new skill (sew, knit or a new instrument)
- Bake biscuits and cakes
- clear out your closet
- read a book
- do an at-home workout
- try a new make-up look
- study or revise
I hope this is helpful! It has really helped me get through lockdown when I keep myself busy, but of course if you’d rather shove on your sweats and watch movies all day, that’s fine too. I’ve definitely done that as well. Thank you for reading!